Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Today

Today I got to speak at your funeral; That's something I thought I'd never live to see.
Today I watched so many faces with drops dropping from them; Drops that were not suppose to be for you.
Today I heard a beautiful song, Amazing Grace, being sung by someone you longed to hear; Something I heard you playing your guitar along to in my head.
Today I watched people place dirt on a wooden box that was being placed into the ground.
Today I watched that wooden box and said "Goodbye Dad"
Today I sit and wonder why you have not let me know you are ok?
Why have you not let me dream about you?
Why have you not let me see or hear something to be sure it is you that is letting me know you are ok?
Why have you not made me feel like you are here are with me?
Today I wonder why neither one of us let each other know how much we mean to the other (I guess because we are so much alike).
Today I wonder what it will be like when I see you again.
I love you.
Forever
+
Always

No comments: