Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Today I miss my dad

Everyday I miss my dad.
Today I came across an old picture:
Wishing I were there once again.
I want to hear my dad calling my name.
I want to get a phone call saying he is almost here to pick me up.
Even to have him yelling at me for doing something wrong would be the best.
To see that scraggly face after 2 days of yard work and skipping the shaving.
To be 10 years old again planting that garden with my dad.
To get a text message while I'm sitting in class saying "I love you" or "Hey Sis!"
Today I was writing out a list of things I want to get certain people for Christmas.
My dad was always one I struggled with.
If I only had something for him to write on my list.
If only I'd be at his house again this year for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Today I am really missing my Dad.
Oh, if I only I had him here to force me to look into the mirror at myself so I can see how "ugly" I look when I cry.

1 comment:

Lee said...

I love you!

P.s. Am I on that list?? :)